Have you ever been to a silent retirement party? 😯 Are you tired of the drab, boring atmospheres? Well, good news – you’re planning the retirement party and you’ll dance if you want to!
We want to offer you everything you need to put together a proper retirement party songs playlist that fits the mood and gets everyone to bust a move!
The DJ’s at Party Planning Solutions will help you craft your retirement playlist with some of the following tips and inspiration.
How to Choose the Perfect Retirement Party Songs Playlist
Putting together the perfect retirement party playlist takes some real talent. It’s not something you can just haphazardly put together. There needs to be a balance of nostalgia and groovy fun, slow and fast dances, and just about everything in between!
It takes a keen ear to do this right. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a professional DJ as long as you follow these guidelines:
Do you have enough time to plan and organize which songs you want to play during the celebration?
Guest of Honor
Think about your favorite retiree, it’s their party after all 😉 What genre of music do they enjoy? Think of the decade they were in their late teens or 20’s and interject some classics from that period so they can relive some fond memories.
Consider the ages and demographic of your invited guests. There’s a time and place for every song, so you want to make sure you pick them for your audience.
If you have chosen a theme for your retirement party, think of songs that would fit well and include them on your playlist.
The Best Party Songs for Retirement
Knowing how to choose your playlist will put you significantly ahead on your party planning checklist. Now, onto the retirement party songs of the century.
Work It Out with Party Songs About Not Liking the Job
Has your retired friend or coworker always complained about the job? Then bust out the party music that does the complaining for you so everyone can share in the fun. Just don’t let the boss hear it! 😉
- “Take This Job and Shove It” by Johnny Paycheck
- “Shove This Jay-Oh-Bee” by Canibus
- “I Want to Break Free” by Queen
- “Maggie’s Farm” by Bob Dylan
- “Bang on The Drum All Day” by Todd Rundgren
Work Hard to Play Hard Party Songs
Did the job have a special place in the retiree’s heart? Then break out the 9 to 5 music and celebrate the work hard, play hard life!
- “Nine to Five” by Dolly Parton
- “A Hard Day’s Night” by The Beatles
- “Taking’ Care of Business” by Bachman Turner Overdrive
- “Assembly Line” by Randy Montana
- “Door to Door” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- “Workin’ for a Livin’” by Huey Lewis & The News
- “Morning Train (Nine to Five)” by Sheena Easton
- “She Works Hard for The Money” by Donna Summer
- “Hard Hat and a Hammer” by Alan Jackson
- “Working Girl” by Cher
- “Forty Hour Week (For A Livin’)” by Alabama
- “Manic Monday” by The Bangles
Looking Forward to the Weekend Party Songs
The party animals start to prowl when the weekend begins. The retiree isn’t any different. Break out in dance to these popular weekend favorites.
- “It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere” by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
- “Working for The Weekend” by Loverboy
- “Hymn for the Weekend” by Coldplay
- “Five O’ Clock World” by The Vogues
- “God Bless Saturday” by Kid Rock
- “Ready for The Weekend” by Calvin Harris
Soothe the Soul with These Inspirational Party Songs
Need some classics that get the heart racing? This retirement party playlist will bring back the nostalgia to the dance floor.
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield
- “Time of my Life” by David Cook
- “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John
- “Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé
“So, Long. Farewell” Retirement Party Songs
Not everyone likes to think of retirement as a farewell party. But if the retiree has plans to leave y’all behind for a world of adventure and vacations, then some of these party favorites might make a nice addition.
- “Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles
- “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day
- “The Power of Good-Bye” by Madonna
- “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds
- “Time to Say Goodbye” by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
- “I’ll Remember” by Madonna
Dirty Dancing Party Songs for the Dance Floor
Bring guests together, both literally and figuratively, with these upbeat melodies. From age-old classics to modern tunes, these party-going songs are sure to get those feet moving!
- “Shout” by The Isley Brothers
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- “Mony Mony” by Billy Idol
- “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- “The Twist” by Chubby Checker
And Even More Party Songs to Take You to the Break of Dawn
Looking to round out the retirement playlist with something different? Try one of these other pop classics!
- “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
- “In My Life” by The Beatles
- “Hotel California” by The Eagles
- “Holiday” by Madonna
- “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra
- “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
- “True colors” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
- “My Way“ by Frank Sinatra
- “Get Up Stand Up” by Bob Marley
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash
- “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin
Sound the Party Horns!Now to Bring It All Together! By now, you’re probably furiously writing down some tune choices of your own. And, with these retirement party song ideas, you’re sure to have a playlist worth bragging about!
pin these 50+ party songs for later!