Nothing brings coworkers, friends and families closer than some competitive fun. Retirement parties are no exception. The question is what kind of retirement party games are out there? How do you, the party planner, get everyone involved in the festivities? Should there be prizes?
Don’t worry! The game masters at Party Planning Solutions have got it all figured out. Just follow our tips & tricks to kick up the entertainment for guests of all ages!
How to Host Retirement Party Games Without a Hiccup!
Planning for retirement party games doesn’t have to be hard. There are tons of party game ideas out there that can make everyone feel at home. All it really takes is some careful preparation and a little personal touch.
Need sure how to prepare the retirement game festivities? We’ve got your back. Below we include a step-by-step process so you can be prepared for anything!
- If you’ve decided to play games during the retirement festivities, decide how many games you’d like to incorporate?
- Decide which games you wish to play.
- Do any of your game choices require music? You will need to choose the tunes. Also, make sure you have some sort of sound system or speaker set up.
- If any of your games require electronic devices, make sure they are charged. Having some fresh batteries on hand is also helpful!
- Print & Prepare any paper print out type games well in advance.
- Print out rules for each game so you have them handy on retirement party day!
- Arrange to have helpers if hosting a large crowd.
- Will you be giving out prizes? If so, you may need some game prize ideas. Make sure to buy and wrap the game prizes. Alternatively, you could hand out miniature awards!
- If you are giving out prizes or awards, plan to set up & decorate a game prize table.
- Try and capture some fun shots of the guests playing games. Designate someone to take some photos!
Just make sure not to go overboard with the retirement party games. Too many can be overkill. Instead, pick out no more than 3-5 games for small party sizes and have something for guests of all ages. And remember, icebreaker games are always a great way to start off the festivities and get everyone in the mood.
Retirement Party Games to Break the Ice
Icebreakers help connect people in a fun and involved way. It’s great for shy crowds and unfamiliar faces!
- Absent Mind
- Guess Which Guest
- Balloon Friend Blend
- Sticker Stalker
- Hand to Hand
Keep the Fun Inside with These Retirement Party Games
Don’t let inclement weather sour the mood. Bring out the cards and all your favorite board games to keep the fun rolling!
- Pocket or Purse Scramble
- Two Truths & One Lie
- Retirement Roast Game
- “How well do you know the Retiree?” Trivia
- Job Charades
Retirement Party Word Games and Activities
Have a few Scrabble enthusiasts attending the retirement party? If so, treat them to some feisty competitions with any of these retirement party word games!
- Retirement Bingo
- “I’m Retired” Crossword
- Retirement Word Search
- Categories Retirement Edition
Backyard Retirement Party Games for Everyone
What retiree doesn’t love basking in the sunlight and laying out on the grass? Take the fun outside this time with any of these classic retirement party games!
- Hula Hoop Games
- Pickle Ball
- Beanbag Toss
- Water Balloon Toss
- Yard Darts
Retirement Party Activities for the Kids of the Pack
Chances are the kiddos will need something to keep them occupied. And you’ll be one step ahead with any of these retirement party games for children!
- Face Painting
- Rent an Inflatable or Bouncy House
Young-at-Heart Retirement Party Activities for Adults
Who says the adults can’t have any fun? This is a retirement party after all! So, bring back all the favorites from the good ol’ days with any of these retirement party games for adults.
- Hire a D.J.
- Rent a Karaoke Machine
- Hire Musicians
- Consider a Photo Booth
- Casino Style Game Tables
- Palm Reader or Fortune Teller
Reward Guests with Exciting Retirement Party Prizes
Looking to up the ante and really get people involved in some friendly competition? Retirement party prizes can be a great way to keep spirits and energy high. Prizes incentivize everyone to join in on the fun.
Game prizes don’t have to be anything big either. Sometimes, the small and thoughtful prizes are best. But we’ll let you decide from our extensive list of retirement party game prize ideas.
Retirement Party Prizes for Children
- Crayons & Coloring Book
- Pack of Sidewalk Chalk
- Sand Toy Kit
- Jump Rope
- Trading Cards
- Hot Wheels Car Toy
Trinket & Memento Prize Ideas for Retirement Party Games
- Keychain or Lanyard
- Votive Candle Holder
- Small Potted Plants
- Fridge Magnet
- Change Purse
- Money Clip
Yummy Treats as Retirement Party Game Prizes
- Chocolate Bar or Box of Chocolates
- Homemade Cookies
- Cake pops
Practical Prizes for Retirement Party Games
- Fun Coffee Mug
- Plastic Tumbler with Lid & Straw
- Travel Mug
- Picture Frame
- Magnetic Note Pad for Fridge
- Luxury Hand Soap
- Gourmet Coffee Beans
Retirement Party Game Prizes – Health and Wellness
- Herbal Teas
- Essential Oil
- Scented Candles
- Bath Salts
- Massage Creme
Beauty Product Prizes for Retirement Party Games
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm or Lip Gloss
- Nail Polish
- Mini Manicure Kit
- Mirrored Compact
- Bath Bomb
- Bubble Bath
- Face Mask
Gift Cards as Game Prizes
Sound the Party Horns!Now, Let the Games Begin! With this extensive list of retirement party games, everyone’s bound to have a blast on the retiree’s special day. And that’s another thing off the retirement party planning list!
pin these retirement party games for later!