Planning a bachelor party for the first time can be a complicated business.
Everything from the basics, like whom to invite, to the more advanced practicalities, like avoiding scandal without sacrificing fun can be a tricky thing to coordinate!
Despite common belief, the night before the wedding is a no-go for a bachelor party. No one wants the groom to look wasted on his wedding day, least of all his fiancée. 😉
Plan it anywhere from a week to a month before the big day.
Invite the other groomsmen and, if there’s room (and money) after, a few other close friends.
Talk with the groom about whether it’s appropriate to invite the groom’s father or the fiancée’s brother.
Pick a location with access to the groom’s favorite activities and where guests can reasonably be expected to go.
It’s your job to help the other groomsmen and guests coordinate transportation, staying arrangements, and to make sure everyone pays his share of expenses.
Avoid making the groom feel uncomfortable or awkward. Respect his boundaries.
If you’re not sure he would enjoy the wilder things you have in mind for the party, ask him.
Staple activities may include a night on the town, wine tasting, poker, camping, or sports.
A Few Other Notes:
- Figuring out reliable transportation for the party before guests become intoxicated is a must.
- Communicate the groom’s desires about whether or not there’ll be women at the party to the guests beforehand to avoid awkward situations.
- Goes without saying, but just in case you need a reminder: Make sure the groom doesn’t cheat – you WILL be blamed.
- Be prepared to handle any unexpected situations that may arise, like stolen wallets, injuries, arguments, or dangerous situations.
- Don’t forget to plan ahead for food and drinks!
- Most importantly, pay attention to the groom during the planning and hosting process. The party is for him, after all.
With these basics, you’re well on your way to planning a bachelor party the guys will be talking about for years to come. Guess that makes you groomsman of the year?!
If you’re planning a bachelor party and still stuck for some ideas, be sure to come visit us on Pinterest and check out our Bachelor Party Ideas board 😎
PIN THIS PLANNING A BACHELOR PARTY GUIDE FOR LATER!