Halloween parties are the perfect place for teens to mix and mingle while dressed up in cool costumes. When it comes to socializing, teenagers don’t need much help, but planning out a few fun activities can make your monster mash that much more memorable and exciting. Teen Halloween party games are a great way to keep the energy up at the ghoulish gathering.
Prepping for Teen Halloween Party Games
Pre-planning is the key to making sure that your Halloween party games go off without a hitch. Choose the games you want to play and then make a list of any accessories you need, as well as the rules of play for each.
Here are a few more smart tips to make prepping for the activities smooth and simple:
Party Proofing your Home for Teens
Let’s be honest- teens can get rowdy! When having a group of them over for a ghoulish get-together, it’s important to plan ahead. Party-proofing your home will give you peace of mind and help make the celebration less scary and more successful.
Protect Your Property
When decorating and setting up the main party space, put away anything breakable or valuable. This will keep your items safe from being damaged, or worse, spirited away. Close the doors to any rooms where you want guests to stay out. You can also take it a step further and use creepy “Keep Out” signs on doors that can also serve as Halloween décor.
Lockup the Liquor
Make sure that any and all alcoholic beverages are locked up in a liquor cabinet or stored away in a secure area. This will remove any temptation for teens to want to take a taste. Peer pressure can convince otherwise rule-following teens to do something that they’ll regret. Keep alcoholic beverages out of sight so that they’re out of mind.
Have a Plan in Place
Sometimes uninvited guests can show up on your doorstep. If you don’t want to bring any more people into the party, don’t be afraid to let them know. You aren’t obligated to host just anyone. Have a plan in place for what to do if uninvited spirits try to slink into your get-together, like asking your parents to step in or calling an adult for help.
Be a Good Neighbor
Hopefully, your ghostly gathering won’t get out of control, but be a good neighbor by giving your neighbors a heads-up about the party. Let them know when it’s being held so that they aren’t caught off guard by music and mayhem. Respect quiet time by turning down the tunes at an appropriate hour.
- If you’ve decided to incorporate some games during your Halloween Party, how many games would you like to play? Think about the age groups. Is this a Teen Party or a mix of all ages?
- Which Halloween games really stand out? Are there some that MUST be played because they look like a lot of fun?
- Are you handing out prizes? If so, you may need some Halloween game prize ideas. Make sure to buy and wrap the prizes. This is a great way to show off your attention to detail with your decorating expertise.
- Take some pictures of everyone playing Halloween party games. If you are too busy during the festivities, then designate someone else to take some photos!
- Arrange to have some help if you are hosting a large crowd.
- Do any of your game choices require Halloween music? You will need to choose the tunes. Our Halloween Party Songs may be just what you need! Don’t forget to have some sort of sound system or speakers set up for the party.
- If any of your Teen Halloween Party Games require electronic devices, make sure they are all charged up and ready to go for your bash!
- Print & prepare any paper printable games well in advance of the party.
- Know the rules! Print out rules for each game so you have them handy on party day!
- Giving out prizes, trophies or awards? Look like a Party Pro and decorate a Halloween game prize table. Doesn’t have to be fancy! A plastic table cloth and some ribbon, crepe paper or DIY paper plate banner will work. Just make sure to color coordinate with your Halloween Party Theme. These types of things can often be overlooked, so pull your party look together with this tip.
Musical Teen Halloween Party Games
Since the scary sounds of Halloween music and pop hits will be playing anyway, why not plan a few musical games?
These games will have the ghouls on their feet and moving to the beat:
Free & Printable Teen Halloween Party Games
An affordable way to include games at your bash is by using free printables. All you need to do is print out enough copies for everyone and provide pens.
Check out these cool ideas for free games to enjoy at your spooktacular soiree:
- Halloween Crossword Puzzle
- Halloween Bingo
- Witchy Word Search
Teen Halloween Party Games for the Indoors
Just because the party is staying inside doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice any of the fun. There are so many ways to have a great time inside of a home or venue beyond just eating and socializing.
These indoor games are great for keeping teens entertained indoors:
Outdoor Teen Halloween Party Games
For parties being held outdoors, exciting active games are a must. Take advantage of the fresh air and open space to play a few physical games.
Consider these energetic activities to get your ghouls and ghosts moving:
Gross Teen Halloween Party Games
For fun-loving teenagers who don’t mind things getting a little icky, gross games are the way to go!
These teen Halloween party games are the perfect way to get into the gross, gory, and yucky side of the holiday:
Scary Teen Halloween Party Games
It wouldn’t be Halloween without a few heart-stopping spooks and thrills thrown into your event. Scary games can amp up the creep factor, which is a must on such a daunting holiday.
Give your teenage guests a fright with these fun and scary party games:
Other Halloween Party Activities for Teens
If you’re hosting a party with guests of all ages, including teens, it helps to have some cool activities set up to keep them occupied. Adults will be able to go about their evening enjoying themselves without worrying that their teen is bored. They may not have even wanted to come to the party in the first place, but entertaining activities geared towards them can help put a little spook back in their step.
Plan to have at least a few of these fun activities to entertain those tough to please teens:
- Set up a Gaming Console or Two – let them play video games
- Jack O’ Lantern Painting
- Set up a Mocktail Station and have the teens be “bartenders” to guests that prefer non-alcoholic beverages
- Halloween Crafting
- Decorate Halloween Cookies
Prizes for Teen Halloween Party Games
While all of these Halloween party game ideas for teens are meant to be silly and lighthearted, handing out prizes adds an extra element of excitement. Prizes can give an additional incentive for guests to participate, which makes it more fun for everyone! You don’t have to spend much money to come up with some spooktacular prize ideas.
Game Prizes for Teens
Game prizes don’t have to be expensive or elaborate. Something silly, fun, or just plain useful is a great way to reward the champs.
The winners of the Halloween party games will be happy to take home any of these not so tricky treats as a reward:
Sound the Party Horns!With so many silly, scary, and super fun Halloween party game ideas for teens, picking the ones to play at your party may be the hardest part. Keep your youthful crowd entertained and amused with at least a few pre-planned activities and games. They’re the perfect way to ensure that everyone has a ghoulishly good time at the eerie affair.
pin these teen halloween party games for later!