Hosting kids typically means that a high energy event is in order! One of the best ways to ensure that your young guests have a great time and aren’t scared off from your celebration is by planning cool and creepy Halloween party games. From outdoor activities to easy to prep indoor fun, there are so many spooky options to consider. We’ve got tons of great Halloween party game ideas for kids that are sure to keep little monsters at your haunted celebration entertained for hours.
Prepping for Kids Halloween Party Games
There’s so much to do before hosting the best Halloween bash of the year. Selecting the right games to include is just the first step in planning an epic monster mash that’s sure to be more treat than trick. Once you pick the games to include at your spooky celebration, take the time to do pre-party prep work. Print out game rules, gather materials, and set up activity stations to ensure that the fun goes off without a hitch! Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- If you’ve decided to incorporate some games during your Kids Halloween Party, how many games would you like to have the children play? Think about the age group, cause as we all know attention spans may be short 😉
- Which Halloween games for kids stand out? Are there some that MUST be played because they look so fun?
- Are you handing out tiny prizes? If so, you may need some good Halloween game prize ideas. Make sure to buy and wrap the prizes. This is a great way to show off your attention to detail with your decorating prowess. If prizes aren’t your thing – you could hand out miniature awards or trophies! These could simply be construction paper “awards” that you can whip up in no time. No need to bust the bank!
- Take some fun pictures of everyone playing your Halloween party games. If you are too busy during the festivities, then designate someone else to take some photos! You’ll be happy with the memories 🙂
- Arrange to have some adult help if you are hosting a large crowd of mischief makers for your Halloween Bash. You can thank us later 😉
- Do any of your game choices require music? Do you want to go with the Halloween vibe? You will need to choose the tunes and we have just the list of Halloween Party Songs you need! Don’t forget to have some sort of sound system or speaker set up.
- If any of your Kids Halloween Party Games require electronic devices, make sure they are all charged up and ready to go for your event!
- Print & prepare any paper printable games well in advance of the party.
- Know the rules! Print out rules for each game so you have them handy on party day!
- Giving out prizes, trophies or awards? Look like a Party Rock Star and decorate a Halloween game prize table. Doesn’t have to be elaborate (kids don’t really notice the finer details) – simply using a plastic table cloth and some crepe paper in a color coordinated fashion will work. These types of things often get overlooked, but can really pull a party look together.
PRO PARTY TIP! Don’t be shy to ask for help! Have some older kids, adult family members or friends pitch in. They can take pictures, read out the game rules or be “judges”.
Fun Scavenger Hunt Kids Halloween Party Games
Send the kids off on a spooky scavenger hunt! They won’t have to head off into the woods or go searching in the dark of night with our Halloween quests.
These fun ideas will have them trick or treating for treasures in the comfort and safety of the party place:
Kids Halloween Party Games & Activities that are FREE and PRINTABLE!
An easy way to keep the kids occupied at all times is by providing printables. These games and activities can easily be left out on tables for kids to do when they’re sitting down for a spell. They can also be enjoyed at any time during the haunted Halloween fun if you plan out a set time to hand them out.
Consider any or all of these fun and free activities:
- Halloween Crossword Puzzle
- Halloween Bingo
- Witchy Word Search
- Game 4
- Game 5
Kids Halloween Party Games that can be Played Indoors
Afraid of what lurks outdoors, especially after dark? Don’t fret! The little ones will have just as much fun wearing their costumes and enjoying candy indoors.
Keep the kids inside and occupied with any of these spooktacular indoor Halloween party game ideas:
Need to have them Burn off Energy? Active & Outdoor Kids Halloween Party Games
Hosting a daytime party, or have a well-lit outdoor area in the evening? Why not take your crew of little monsters outside to burn off all of that excess energy from their Halloween candy sugar rush? The outdoors can open up a whole world of peculiar possibilities when it comes to party games. Kids will love running around in the fresh air, even if there’s no full moon!
These exciting and active outdoor games are guaranteed to keep kids entertained:
Messy & Creepy Kids Halloween Party Games for Older Children that Love Gross Stuff
At Halloween, spooky and scary can go hand in hand with gross and slimy! If you’re hosting a group of older kids that won’t get too squeamish, an interactive event that’s oozing with fun could be ideal. Don’t be afraid to let them make a mess and have some extra icky fun, but do prepared to hear “Ewww” more than a few times!
Check out some of these messy games that are guaranteed to crank up the gross-factor:
Other Halloween Party Activities for Kids
Kids parties practically demand that you provide amusements in order to keep them happy, and sometimes games simply aren’t enough. When hosting a Halloween party that includes younger guests, it’s always smart to plan to have a few fun happenings that will keep them entertained. From hands-on activities like pumpkin painting to playing their favorite children’s Halloween films, there are plenty of other ways to hold kids interest. Parents will certainly appreciate the ability to keep them happy and busy at the bash, too!
Consider including any of these frighteningly fun ideas at your eerie event:
- Face Painting Station
- Set up a Coloring, “Movie Time” or Puzzle Area
- Jack O’ Lantern Painting
- Halloween Crafting
PRO PARTY TIP! When at a loss for how to keep em’ busy – Grab some Orange Garbage Bags and tell them you’d like to have Giant Pumpkins on your Lawn. Get them raking leaves and stuffing those bags quickly with the prospect of a “BIG PRIZE” for best Giant Leaf Pumpkin! You’ll have a cleaned up yard in no time – LOL! #halloweenprank
Prizes for Kids Halloween Party Games
An easy way to make kids Halloween party games even more exciting is by handing out simple, silly prizes to the winners. While the games are lighthearted competitions, little prizes simply make it that much more fun. Kids love to compete for something more than simply the title of winner. Consider setting up a prize table where they can pick out an affordable Halloween-themed item as a reward.
Game Prizes for Children
Children are pretty easy to please, so simple game prizes are the best way to go. You definitely do not need to spend much to make the winners proud of their achievements!
These Halloween themed items are frighteningly cheap to buy but guaranteed to bring a smile to the winner’s faces:
- Crayons & Coloring Book
- Halloween Stickers
- A Trick or Treating Bucket
- Halloween PEZ Candy Dispensers
- Vampire Fangs
Sound the Party Horns!Our Halloween party game ideas for kids are an easy way to keep your invited trick or treaters entertained at a spooky celebration. Whether they’re played indoors or outside, these games won’t scare the little ones away. Add an extra incentive with cool prizes to make it even more exciting. Pick out a few of your frighteningly fun favorites to plan to play at your next haunted Halloween bash.
pin these kids halloween party games for later!