Although many people think of party games as only for bridal showers, baby showers, and children’s birthday parties, they can be for graduation parties too! As the host, you have to plan every aspect of the day and the last thing you would want is for your guests to be bored. So, before you send your invitation without a plan, check out this page of ideas for graduation party games!
Tips for Successful Graduation Party Games
Choosing to have games for your graduation party involves a little bit of preparation and organization. Not only do you need to decide what types of games you will have, but you need to know what types of supplies and prizes you will need as well. So, before you make your final decision on games, read through these tips for preparation that will make sure you are ready to rock ‘n roll!
- Depending on how long you have allotted for your party, decide how many games you wish to incorporate.
- Decide which Graduation games you wish to play.
- Will you be giving out prizes? If so, you may need some ideas. Make sure to buy and wrap the game prizes.
- Designate someone to take some photos! It’s always fun to look back at game action shots
- Arrange to have helpers if hosting a large crowd.
- Do any of your game choices require music? You will need to choose the music and make sure you have some sort of sound system or speaker set up.
- If any of your games require electronic devices, make sure they are charged or you have fresh batteries on hand!
- If hosting any race or obstacle course type games, make sure outdoor space is safe and free of any debris or hazards.
- Print & Prepare any paper print out type games well in advance.
- Print out rules for each game so you have them handy on party day!
- If you are giving out prizes, plan to set up & decorate a game prize table.
- Icebreaker games are always a great way to start off.
- Too many games can be overkill, 3-5 games are fine for an older crowd.
- Ask for help! You can arrange before the event to have a couple of friends or family members help you with reading out the rules of play, take photos or be judges for the winner.
- Let your neighbors know if you’ll be hosting a lot of rowdy outdoor games.
Types of Graduation Party Games
Once you have examined your graduation party situation and made the necessary preparations, it is time to decide what types of games you want to play. There are many different categories that games fall under. So, choosing which category you want to focus on for your party is where you should get started. In our categorized lists below, you will find easy instructions for all of the fun, exciting games we recommend!
Ice Breaker Graduation Party Games
If you want everyone at your party to be comfortable with one another and have a great time, then icebreaker games are the best choice for you! Choose one or a few of these games to get your guests moving around and mingling while having a lot of fun!
Indoor Graduation Party Games
Sometimes your graduation party venue and the space that it offers can limit the types of games that you can play. If that is the case, then choose from our list of enticing indoor party games that all your guests will enjoy!
Graduation Party Word Game Ideas
Perhaps moving and running around isn’t exactly your style. No worries, then these word games will get your guests’ brains working in a fun, imaginative way!
Active Outdoor Graduation Party Games
Maybe you do want to run, or you know that all of your guests enjoy a good challenge. If so, it’s time to get outdoors and get moving! This list of active outdoor graduation party games will make even your most competitive guest happy!
Graduation Party Activities for Younger Kids
Sometimes it takes more than a few games to keep the kids at your party entertained. If you are going to have a lot of little ones at your party, then consider choosing a few of these activities to go along with your games to keep the party going all day long!
Hire a professional or do it yourself! The kids at your party will love this fun activity!
Rent an Inflatable or Bouncy House
Every parent will love you for keeping their child entertained and wearing them out before you send them home!
Hiring a Caricaturist for your graduation party is not only fun, but it gives your guests a gift they can cherish forever!
Entertain the kids at your graduation party for hours on end with a professional magician! They will leave the party wanting to learn all of the tricks!
Other Graduation Party Activities to Consider for Older Crowds
Have a lot of family coming in from out of town or a lot of good friends who will want to party the night away? Consider these ideas for entertaining older party guests! Your graduate will love having everyone stick around and your guests will remember your party forever!
Hire a D.J.
Whether you just want a few background tunes or you know you have a lot of dancers, hiring a DJ is a top-notch choice for your graduation party!
Rent a Karaoke Machine
Really get your guests engaged in a night of LIVE karaoke! Be sure to remember the video camera if you choose this one!
Does your graduate have a favorite local band or cover artist? Choose them to entertain your crowd!
Consider a Photo Booth
If you want to entertain your guests but also offer a favor, you won’t go wrong with renting a photo booth!
Casino Style Game Tables
Let the games begin! Offer casino-style games and poker for an evening of entertainment and chance! Perhaps winner (or graduate) takes all!
Palm Reader or Fortune Teller
It’s not every day that you get to see a fortune teller! Hire one for your graduation party and your guests will be talking about it forever!
Graduation Party Games Prizes
Great games need great prizes! Customize the prizes you offer to the age group, the style of game, or the theme of your party! They don’t have to be expensive or lavish, just fun and exciting! If you want to offer prizes for your games, you will find an option for everyone in these categorized lists!
Graduation Party Prizes for Younger Children
- Crayons & Coloring Book
- Pack of Sidewalk Chalk
- Sand Toy Kit
- Jump Rope
- Trading Cards
- Hot Wheels Car Toy
Trinket & Memento Prizes for Graduation Party Games
- Key Chain or Lanyard
- Votive Candle Holder
- Small Potted Plants
- Fridge Magnet
- Change Purse
- Money Clip
Sweet Treats for Graduation Party Game Prizes
- Chocolate Bar or Box of Chocolates
- Homemade Cookies
- Cake Pops
Practical Prizes for Graduation Party Games
- Fun Coffee Mug
- Plastic Tumbler with Lid & Straw
- Travel Mug
- Picture Frame
- Magnetic Note Pad for Fridge
- Luxury Hand Soap
- Gourmet Coffee Beans
Grad Party Game Prizes – Health and Wellness
- Herbal Teas
- Essential Oil
- Scented Candles
- Bath Salts
- Massage Creme
Beauty Product Prizes for Graduation Party Games
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm or Lip Gloss
- Nail Polish
- Mini Manicure Kit
- Mirrored Compact
- Bath Bomb
- Bubble Bath
- Face Mask
Gift Cards as Game Prizes
Sound the Party Horns!Although games for your graduation party might take a little extra work, seeing the joy on your guests’ and graduate’s faces will make it all worth it! Remember to consider your crowd, plan for the details, and offer some great prizes!
Pin these Graduation Party Game Ideas for Later!